What are you looking for?
For Your Reference
- Anthony Tormey–Leader Development Institute Great blog on the rules for success. Inspirational!
- Free e-cards that help the earth!
- Judy DeLorenzo, energy healer in CT, good information
- Mental Floss–good for your brain
- Random Acts of Faith My friend, Rev Cindy Maddox’s wise and warm words.
- The Global Rich List–put your "poverty" in proportion! A nifty calculator that shows where in the world you stand in terms of wealth
Tag Archives: courage
The Nature of Courage
“Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, you know. It’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.” ~ The Third Doctor, as written by Terry Nation Nothing new in this piece of wisdom–that’s the thing with … Continue reading
Posted in strength Tagged afraid, brave, bravery, Classic Who, courage, Doctor Who, fear, frightened, Terry Nation Leave a comment
The Opposite of Courage
“Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” ~ Thomas Carlyle Discourage. Odd word. Dis-courage. Dis-, a Latin prefix meaning apart, asunder. … Continue reading
Posted in advice, perseverance Tagged courage, discourage, discouragement, hope, persistence, Thomas Carlyle, Wisdom Leave a comment
The Courage of the Every Day
“Courage is doing what you’re afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you’re scared.” ~Edward Rickenbacker Every day I am amazed by the simple acts of courage I see all around me. Students entering a classroom for the … Continue reading
Posted in fear Tagged bravery, change, courage, Eddie Rickenbacker, fear, Wisdom 2 Comments