What are you looking for?
For Your Reference
- Anthony Tormey–Leader Development Institute Great blog on the rules for success. Inspirational!
- Free e-cards that help the earth!
- Judy DeLorenzo, energy healer in CT, good information
- Mental Floss–good for your brain
- Random Acts of Faith My friend, Rev Cindy Maddox’s wise and warm words.
- The Global Rich List–put your "poverty" in proportion! A nifty calculator that shows where in the world you stand in terms of wealth
Category Archives: discipline
The Best Discipline
“Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It require you to connect today’s actions to tomorrow’s results. There’s a season for sowing a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which.” ~ Gary Ryan Blair Discipline has become … Continue reading
“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” ~ George Washington Carver First paper of the term was due today. I collected some, but I actually collected more excuses than papers. Everyone … Continue reading
Posted in advice, discipline, education, students Tagged excuses, George Washington Carver, rationalization, students, success 1 Comment
Words to Ponder
“Never explain. Never complain.” ~ My mother and a passel of other people according to Google I ran into this quote today and the attribution was Benjamin Disraeli. This truly didn’t sound like something Disraeli, that elegant politician, would say, … Continue reading
Posted in advice, discipline, failure, responsibility Tagged Benjamin Disraeli, complaining, complaints, excuses, responsibility, tough love, work ethic Leave a comment
Thinking of Discipline
“Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.”~Abraham Joshua Heschel This blog was born not only from my desire to help people, but also from a desire to set … Continue reading
Posted in discipline Tagged Abraham Joshua Herschel, discipline, excuses, respect, self-respect Leave a comment